6/01/2016

Pre-Workout Snacks


 
 I don't know about you but going to the gym on an empty stomach just doesn't go over well, I find I feel super weak and light headed. I try to eat about an hour before my workout that way it gives my body a little bit of time to digest and avoid any cramping. I usually like to eat a snack before I workout versus a meal because I find a meal is too heavy on my stomach. I find eating carbs before my workout really gives me energy so i always make sure I am having some form of a carb, whether it's from fruit or whole grains. I feel it's so important to fuel your body before your workout so that it has the energy to perform at the best of it's ability. That being said I decided to share my top 4 pre-workout snacks!
 
1. Apple and 1 Tbsp. of almond butter
2. 2 rice cakes with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a few slices of banana and cinnamon
3. Gluten free toast with a few slices of avocado and 1 egg
4. 3/4 cup Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of berries and small handful of walnuts
 
Stephanie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment