7/03/2016

Exercise? OHH...I Thought you said Accessorize


Shop This look- T-Shirt, Jeans, Shoes, Coach tote bag (look-a-like), Bracelet, Watch (ON SALE $12.99!), Sunglasses

First things first, I thought the title of this post was super fitting for me, seeing as I am a little bit of a fitness freak! Now thats out of the way let talk accessories! Accesorizing is can sometimes be my favourite part when putting an outfit together. It can make and outfit go from boring to fabulous, and it can also draw attention to your best features. I find accessories can really update a look and can really complete a look. by adding the final touches. When I say accessorizing I don't mean just with jewelry but also with a cute bag and a great pair of shoes. While accessories can really make an outfit they can also break it too. So in order to avoid this here are some things i think about when adding accessories to my outfit.

1. Be careful when paring busy clothing and busy accessories. This can make an outfit look like a little bit of a mess. For example; if you choose to wear a printed or graphic pattern then keep the accessories on the more simple side, instead going with bold statement accessories.

2. Use accessories to add color. Wearing shades and then adding accessories for color is a great way to make an outfit go from 'blah' to 'voila'! I love wearing a white tee, a pair of black jeans, and adding accessories like a printed shoe (specifically leopard), a coloured bag and a statement necklace. I find this to be super effortless yet so well put together.

3. When referring to jewelry stick to one statement piece, whether it be a necklace, earings or bracelet. The last thing you want is to look like you are trying too hard with the accessories.

4. Be careful with proportions. If you're wearing an outfit that is big and voluminous, scale back on the accessories. If you're wearing something sleeker then you can go a little bigger and bolder with a chunky cocktail ring or big, bright handbag.

5. Buy accessories that convey a part of your personality. I feel like this goes for anything you buy whether it be clothes or accessories. When you buy accessories, go for pieces that you're attracted to  even better if they have a personal meaning to you.

Here are some of my favourite places to shop for cute accessories:

Charming Charlie (My personal Favourite)

If you have a favourite place to shop for accessories, please let me know! I would love to check them out.

Just a little 'about me'; I almost always accessorize with a watch. It's my 'go to' accessory.

Be creative and HAVE FUN when accessorizing! Having fun is the most important! 

Stephanie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment