5/16/2016

Signs it's time to change up your workout...


Working out is one of those things that is super exciting when you first start but it can soon become a little bit of a drag, especially if you weren't a fan of working out in the first place. There are many reasons for this... because you are sick of repeating the same thing week by week or you are finding that your body just isn't responding like it first was. Whatever the reason is, it could be signs that it's time to switch things up! I have definitely gone through all of the signs I'm about to list so I thought I would share and give you all some tips on how I overcame them!

Your workout no longer challenges you: If you can relate to this one then CONGRATUALTIONS! This means you have become stronger which is a good thing! However it's time to make things a little bit for difficult! Some ways to do this is to push yourself a little harder. Do more reps or sets, increase your weights or speed when doing cardio, try taking shorter rest periods...really anything that makes your workout a little bit more challenging will do wonders!

You are not seeing results anymore: This relates to the point above...When you consistently do the same workouts your body adapts and it doesn't challenge your body anymore. A good solution for this is to change things up! I love switching things up! I was doing split workouts; meaning I would train a certain muscle group 6 days a week and I was doing about 15 minutes of steady state cardio. I was finding that I was getting bored and my body wasn't responding so I switched things up. I am now doing more full body circuit training and instead of using cardio machines I started doing a high aerobics class that I use to do years ago and love it! The class really challenges me and it has great music. If you are a Goodlife Member than I highly recommend trying the class. It's called Body Attack. Check your local Goodlife gym for class schedule.

You don't look forward to going to the gym: I find this one tends to happen when things get boring or you lose motivation. When this happens try to refocus and remind yourself of your goals. Some other things that I like to do is buy a new pair of workout clothes, nothing like working out in a new and fresh pair of workout clothes! Create a new workout playlist or try something totally different like kickboxing or Hot Yoga! I find these help me :)

There are many more signs however these are a few that I have struggled with in the past!

Tootles!
Stephanie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment