6/12/2013

Cardio or Weights?!

Hey Everyone!

So I have been getting this question a lot! Which is more important cardio or weights? In my opinion both are important because they both do two different things for your body. Cardio training help with mainly fat loss and weight training build muscles. When I first started working out I did mostly cardio because I had no idea what to do when it came to weight training and I didn't want to look like a total idiot. I started looking up weight exercises and I slowly became more comfortable lifting weights. I remember the day after I had my first weight training session I was SO sore but to me it was such a good feeling! I really noticed a change in the way I looked and felt...I felt lean but toned. I know many women have this mentality that if they lift weights then they will get bulky but this is so NOT the case! Think of it like this, in order to lose weight you need to burn calories and muscles crave calories and the only way to build muscle is to lift weights. Now that doesn't mean you should just lift weights because cardio is just as important to getting a lean toned figure! Below is my workout regime which incorporates both weight training and cardiovascular training. :)

Monday- 30 minutes of cardio followed by lower body weight training
Tuesday- 30 minutes of cardio followed by upper body weight training and abs
Wednesday-30 minutes of cardio followed abs
Thursday- 30 minutes of cardio followed by lower body weight training and abs
Friday- 30 minutes of cardio followed by  upper body weight training
Saturday- 30 minutes of cardio followed by abs
Sunday- rest day but i still go for long walks with my puppy so technically that's cardio :)

F.S.F BLOGGER XO

No comments:

Post a Comment