12/15/2014

The Struggles with Body Image


Its confession time... In today's society so many women struggle with their body image. Every women wants to look a certain way...I had a young lady about 18 yrs old come up to me at the gym and say "You look awesome! I wish I could look as good as you and feel confident". The look in her eyes was heartbreaking. I could tell this beautiful young lady was struggling with her body image. Its not talked about often but so many female's struggle with their bodies. Even I have! I told her my story. How I struggled with the way I looked and how I struggled years with an eating disorder. Yup that's right I said eatingdisorder. Long story short at the end of the day I learned to love my body including my imperfections. It wasn't easy let me tell you but i worked super hard at it every single day and im so much more happy. Women have to learn to love their bodies for what it does and not so much for how it looks. Women need to focus on making the most of what they've got and think more positive about themself vs. thinking so negatively. So to all you women reading this hold your head a little higher and walk a little taller...You are all beautiful in your own way! :)

Stephanie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment