9/24/2014

What do I eat?


Hola,

I get asked all the time "What foods do you eat?" "What foods do you stay away from?" "Whats your diet like?" So many question on my diet which I love getting! Exercises and diet/nutrition come hand in hand. You want to lose fat? Build muscle? You need to do both diet and exercise. Here are some of the foods I love!...and then some that I'm not a huge fan off!

Good Protein Foods:
  • Lean red meat
  • Chicken (no skin)
  • Turkey
  • Fish
  • Low fat dairy - except for eggs

Don't be afraid to eat whole eggs as most of the nutrients are in the yolk. Avoid processed meats, high fat meat.

Good Carb Foods:
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Yams
  • Beans
  • Corn
  • Brown rice
  • Oatmeal
  • Whole grain products (I don't really eat bread but I love rice cakes!)
  • Veggies(these are fibrous carbs) and fruits such as strawberries
  • Bananas
  • Pears
  • Grapefruit
  • Apples

Carbs To Avoid:
  • Cookies
  • Cakes
  • Pastries
  • Candy
  • White flour
  • High sugar foods

Good Fat Choices (in moderation):
  • Low fat cheeses
  • Cashews
  • Avocado
  • Walnuts
  • Almonds
  • Peanut butter
  • Olive oil
  • Coconut oil
Avoid:
  • High fat meats
  • High fat dairy
  • High fat salad dressings
  • Deep fried foods
  • Butter

    No comments:

    Post a Comment